Job & Career Board
JOB POSITIONS AVAILABLE
|Assistant Manager, Propagation||Spring Meadow Nursery, Inc.||Grand Haven, MI||August 2021|
|Assistant Manager, Growing||Spring Meadow Nursery, Inc.||Grand Haven, MI||August 2021|
|Greenhouse Manager||University of Kansas|
The Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology at the University of Kansas, Lawrence is accepting applications for a twelve-month, full-time Greenhouse Manager position. The manager will work independently to manage greenhouse operations at two facilities (10,000 ft2) on the University of Kansas, Lawrence campus. The GH Manager will lead operations to ensure care of research and collection plants, maintain greenhouse facilities, manage greenhouse personnel, conduct public outreach and care for outside beds that augment teaching materials.
|Lawrence, KS||June 2021|
|Production Management Assistant||Brotzman's Nursery, Inc.||Madison, OH||July 2021|
|Grounds Manager||Annmarie Sculpture Garden & Arts Center:|
The full-time GM is a combined supervisory and hands-on position and requires someone who wants to be outside leading and working alongside their team. The GM is responsible for the overall care and improvement of the grounds and plays a critical role in special event production. Position includes benefits, along with potential for on-site housing.
|Solomons, Maryland||June 2021|
|Plant Biology Greenhouse Coordinator||University of Illinois, The Department of Plant Biology||Champaign-Urbana, IL||June 2021|
|Assistant Grower – McAlpin Farm||Land & Garden Preserve:|
Join a small team growing a wide variety of annuals, perennials, shrubs, and plants native to the Northeast on three acres with 6,000 sqft under glass. The Land & Garden Preserve is located on the coast of Seal Harbor, Maine adjacent to Acadia National Park. For full job description and to apply, visit gardenpreserve.org.
|Sea Harbor, ME||May 2021|
|Miami University||Hamilton, OH||April 2021|
|Greenhouse Supervisor||Duke Gardens||Durham, NC||February 2021|
|Full-time, part-time and seasonal positions||Mt. Cuba Center||Hockessin, DE||January 2021|
|Spring Meadow Nursery, Inc.||Grand Haven, MI||August 2021||Paid internships which typically run May-Aug./Sept. Goal for internship to lead to future employment for student.|
|Hort-Sense 2021 Horticultural Internship with Wayne Mezitt||Hopkinton, MA||February 2021||This internship is a unique opportunity for the right applicant to learn numerous aspects of horticulture with an experienced nurseryman managing his private 5+ acre trial/display gardens and plantings around his home: hands-on work with hundreds of trees, shrubs, perennials and fruiting plants that vary in age, features, condition and size. Mostly in-ground plantings, some more than 50 years in place, some plants growing in containers.|
|North Carolina State Mountain Crop Improvement Lab||Mills River, NC||January 2021||We have a few summer internships available for students within green-industry 4-year institutions or recent graduates. Our internships focus on woody ornamental and bioenergy crop development and production.|
|Holden Arboretum||Kirtland, OH||January 2021|
|Raker Roberta's||Litchfield, MI||January 2021||Plant Production or Marketing internship|
|Mount Auburn Cemetery||Cambridge, MA||January 2021||Multiple internships: Greenhouse/Nursery Apprentice, Gardening, Plant Collections, Arborists|
|Midwest Groundcovers||St. Charles, IL||January 2021||Internships can be customized to include students' particular area of interest through experience or through special projects.|
|Donald Pell Gardens||Phoenixville, PA||January 2021||2021 Spring/summer paid internship (with options for regular employment), part time to full time. Full details here.|
|Pizzo Native Plant Nursery||Leland, IL||January 2021||A flexible, paid internship program focusing on propagation and production of native prairie, wetland, and woodland plants. Great company culture and work environment.|
|American Landscape Instititute||The program combines on-the-job training with college classes at the Community College of Baltimore County (CCBC).||Baltimore County, MD||Ongoing|
|IPPS ER |
|IPPS ER||The IPPS Eastern Region provides scholarships to the Annual Conference. Details released with conference details.|
SUBMISSION OF JOB OPPORTUNITIES
- Submit either: (1) URL link to a job posting on the company’s website (links to third party job posting sites will not be accepted) or (2) A PDF or MS Word document containing all pertinent information about the job. The company’s web page or the submitted file must contain the job title, job location (city, state/province, country), description, contact information, and all other pertinent information about the job.
- Submit via email to the IPPS-Eastern Region Secretary/Treasurer, Stephanie Stockton (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Job opportunities will be posted for 60 days. Prior to the end of the 60 days, request for a 60-day extension may be made by email.
INFORMATION ABOUT JOB POSTINGS
- Postings submitted to IPPS-Eastern Region are only accessible on Eastern Region’s Job Opportunities web page at this time.You can access the IPPS-Western Region job postings HERE.
- Acceptance and removal of job postings is at the sole discretion of the IPPS Eastern Region Executive Committee.
- The IPPS Eastern Region Job Opportunities web page acts as a free-of-charge job posting service only and makes no recommendations regarding potential employees or employers. IPPS Eastern Region makes no warranty about the information contained in the job postings. All hiring, scheduling, and compensation for posted jobs are handled directly between the potential employee and employer.